27 June 2013

FAILED?!




couple of days ago i finished my final exam at university for semester one, and i had two things on mind my mind: 1. the lyrics, "beer goggles, if she's a hag" - don't ask me why this was in my head, but i have been obsessing over the lonely island; and 2. what if i failed this exam, or worse, my whole course? now, the latter i am kind of exaggerating on, the fail the whole course thing, but i was freaking out (and singing the lyrics). it got me thinking, why am i so stressed of failing this thing, yet i don't stress on other failings? i mean, i don't care if someone beats me on the exam, and mostly i am happy for them - unless they gloat to others, then i just don't have time them. 

but in all seriousness, how many times has someone failed their academic paper, or even a relationship, and still get back up and start again? i was reading a blog of an old teacher, and he talked about how he has failed his phd proposal, but didn't just give up, he embraced his 'failings' and is trying again! that is something i want to have, and something that i want to tell my students one day. well, the results won't come out for weeks, so i am going to enjoy the five week break, by spending time with family, friends and hopefully sleeping in!

these are some cute little photos that i have taken throughout the week and felt they needed to be seen. i've been hanging out with my sister a lot because she broke her elbow and needs help to bathe and hold little edie. 

^^^this photo makes me laugh. william was in the kitchen and all i heard was "help me", so i naturally grabbed my phone and took a picture of him stuck, whilst reading on the ipad. it is fair to say he wasn't that bothered being in the chair. and edie, bless her little soul. she is always doing funny faces, and i always seem to catch them...here comes the 21st pictures ;-).^^^


 ^^^whilst hanging out with edie pie, we get to dress her in all types of cute outfits. she is like a doll that actually moves and talks. it is so fun, and she doesn't even complain when i put ridiculous hats on her or too big shoes.^^^ 
 
^^^so sweet. nini and will.^^^
love, georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment