22 April 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDIO!


as you can guess, it is my father's birthday today! he has turned the big - 57! unfortunately he lives in another state, thanks to my step-mum's awesome job ;-) (though, it is really awesome, go natalie!), but us kids are old enough to be, yeah, that's cool. i have great memories of my father, for example, when i was younger my dad would read to my twin sister and i in his bed. it was stories of his war books, basically blood and guts, but his voice would capture us and defiantly not the story. he just has this soothing voice, that when he read, we feel asleep! i know that doesn't sound loving, but i loved him reading to us (i think i asked him all the time to read, just to fall asleep!). he is a strong man my father, and has battled things that a far greater then you can imagine. i love you, dad. even though you lied to me about the fairies in the back garden (he used to write in tiny tiny writing on old letters ‘from’ portia and cressida. It was so awesome, but i totally believed him – thanks, dad), you are a great man.






 and happy birthday again, dad.

love, georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment